The previous few weeks have been nothing in need of dramatic over at Twitter headquarters. However earlier than we get into that, I simply need to thank dark-paul gosselaar for our cowl picture inspiration.
And I’d be remiss if I didn’t point out that I sympathize with the entire staff who’ve been let go, by alternative or not. 1000’s of individuals shedding their jobs isn’t a laughing matter and by no means am I making gentle of it.
How we obtained right here
Elon Musk posted eight tweets at this time, which is stunning for somebody who must be busy operating an organization (into the bottom).
However his newest spherical of adjustments is an undoing of one in all his earliest acts as new CEO, which was to ban Kathy Griffin and others for poking enjoyable at his management.
However the week began with Musk sending out an (encrypted?) e mail to all staffers informing them that they are going to be fired except they work at an “extremely hardcore” charge to construct “Twitter 2.0”.
Shortly after the e-mail went out, Twitter introduced that they have been locking their doorways (some say they’ll reopen on November 21). All remaining staff have been knowledgeable that their badge entry had been revoked.
This was the scene at Twitter HQ final night time:
And Musk tweeted:
He does know individuals love watching a practice wreck, proper?
Both approach it looks like conversations are flowing, opinions are flying, and engagement is thru the roof.
It’s no surprise that so many individuals assume that is the top for Twitter. Even Musk is becoming a member of in on the …er, enjoyable?
Let this sink in. Musk began his first day on the job by firing high executives, together with the CEO, Parag Agrawal. Quickly after, a number of others adopted go well with. Let’s take a look at who’s gone:
- CEO Parag Agrawal
- Chief Monetary Officer Ned Segal
- Head of authorized coverage, belief and security, Vijaya Gadde
- Basic Counsel Sean Edgett
- Chief Data Safety Officer Rinki Sethi
- Head of Safety Peiter Zatko
- Chief buyer officer, Sarah Personette
- Chief individuals and variety officer, Dalana Model
- Chief advertising and marketing officer, Leslie Berland
- Basic supervisor of client and income product, Jay Sullivan
- Basic supervisor for core applied sciences, Nick Caldwell
- Chief accounting officer, Robert Kaiden
- VP of world consumer options, Jean-Philippe Maheu
- Head of Worldwide Communications, Julie Steele
- Head of Belief and Security, Yoel Roth
- The worldwide head of social and editorial
- The director of ML ethics, transparency, and accountability
- Chief data safety officer
- Managing director of Twitter Studio
- Head of location technique
Those that haven’t been fired are selecting to stop on their very own phrases. The explanations? Peter Clowes helps clarify why some are selecting to not comply with Musk:
So is Twitter completed?
Possibly? One in every of its remaining staff has told Newsweek reporter Travis Akers the web site “has about a week left before it’s dead.”
Some individuals aren’t satisfied.
It’s tough to consider that Musk would spend $44 billion on the platform simply to observe all of it burn in a matter of weeks. However I additionally assume he underestimated how a lot the workers would endure. With the entire conflicting data on the market, it’s arduous to know what to consider. We’ll attempt to hold this web page up to date with the most recent data because it’s popping out. Keep tuned!
New on Search Engine Land