Video is essentially the most partaking content material format, throughout all platforms, and whereas short-form clips are the main focus of the second, all video codecs are value contemplating inside your broader digital advertising technique.
And whereas Twitter hasn’t adopted TikTok down the trail of shorter clips (I imply, it already tried that with Vine, I assume), it has sought to provide video content material extra focus, with the addition of full-screen video display formats, and a brand new video-specific function part inside the Discover tab.
In reality, Twitter says that 71% of all user sessions in the app now involve video, whereas customers additionally scroll slower in-stream when video content material is displayed.
That’s value contemplating – and if you happen to’re trying to maximize your Twitter video method, the following pointers from Twitter present some extra path for video content material within the app.
1. Preserve Movies Quick and Easy
Unsurprisingly, given the aforementioned pattern in direction of shorter video clips, and the transient nature of tweets general, Twitter says that shorter movies carry out higher within the app.
“Our research shows shorter ads (6 to 15 seconds) are more effective at driving consideration and purchase intent.”
Twitter additionally says that manufacturers ought to use brief tweets to accompany their video clips, with 10 phrases/50 characters being a strong goal (as much as 30 phrases/160 characters for extra detailed descriptions).
2. Embody Product, Individuals and Outstanding Branding
Twitter says that tweeted video clips ought to embody these components:
- Outstanding branding — Your model identify and brand ought to seem on the very begin of the video and inside the first 4 seconds
- Robust colours — Use dominant colours inside the video, near your model’s palette
- Your services or products — Embody your product/service inside the first three seconds and guarantee it’s current on display screen for 75% of the video
- Individuals — Actual individuals resonate. Together with a human presence, a celeb or a crowd works notably effectively
- A sound-off technique — Subtitles guarantee accessibility for all and will help seize on-the-go cellular viewers.
These are good, basic information notes for video content material, and guaranteeing that you just’re maximizing your branding and recall alternatives.
3. Join with What’s Occurring
Twitter says that individuals come to the app to be in contact with the most recent information and updates, and the extra which you could join your model messaging into the identical, the higher.
Twitter says that topical campaigns see better recall and model consciousness, which is value factoring into your planning, particularly round seasonal occasions.
Twitter additionally recommends that manufacturers contemplate Connect campaigns to make sure they hyperlink into related discussions all year long.
These are some useful notes, which might assist to make sure that your Twitter advert campaigns keep heading in the right direction, and that you just maximize the alternatives of the platform.
However in case you are contemplating Twitter campaigns, you higher get in fast – earlier than Elon Musk is available in a shuts down all promoting within the app*.
It may very well be a great way to enhance your attain and resonance this vacation buying season.
*Be aware: this in all probability gained’t occur. But it surely may.