We take robust precautions and measures towards the unfold of non-consensual intimate photographs on our platforms. Now, we’re supporting the launch of StopNCII.org in Turkey with the cooperation of the Federation of Girls’s Associations of Turkey. The platform provides a safety system that proactively thwarts the non-consensual sharing of intimate photographs (images or movies of an individual which function nudity or are sexual in nature) and was developed by UK Revenge Porn Helpline along with the worldwide NGOs. It additionally supplies a help heart the place victims can attain varied worldwide organizations and sources.
The Revenge Porn Helpline (RPH), which has supported hundreds of victims because it was established in 2015, with respect to non-consensual intimate picture abuse, has eliminated over 200,000 particular person non-consensual intimate photographs from the web with an over 90% removing charge.
How does StopNCII.org work?
- Individuals whose intimate photographs are shared with out consent can have these photographs eliminated through the StopNCII.org platform.
- The system, which works by opening particular person circumstances via the platform, options hash-generating expertise that assigns a singular hash worth (a numerical code) to a picture, making a safe digital fingerprint for customers’ intimate photographs and movies and provides a web based instrument that helps detect and take away the sharing of those photographs on the Web.
- This digital fingerprint created is shared with Meta platforms, and if anybody desires to add a picture matching this fingerprint to Meta platforms, the platform evaluations this content material and removes it in accordance with its insurance policies.
- The StopNCII.org additionally provides a private password and case quantity in order that the case might be tracked.
- Throughout the creation of digital fingerprint, the pictures of the customers are by no means seen by one other particular person and the unique picture by no means leaves the particular person’s system.
How the Federation of Girls’s Associations of Turkey is concerned
Individuals whose intimate photographs are shared with out their consent can get help by calling the Federation of Girls’s Associations of Turkey’s TKDF Emergency Helpline from 0212 656 96 96. First, TKDF ensures that victims make a criticism to the native legislation enforcement authorities concerning their circumstances, and the authorized procedures are adopted. Whereas TKDF manages the psychological and authorized course of required for individuals who name the Emergency Helpline, it supplies help for making a case via StopNCII.org to take away the revenge porn content material.
“STOPNCII.org is a system we have recently started to use. Thanks to our relationship with Meta, we learned that they are working to remove revenge porn and sexually explicit videos, and we started to cooperate. We support people who contact us through our helpline and ensure that a case is created through StopNCII.org to remove the relevant content. Most importantly, we explain that revenge videos that include sexual content are not the end of the world.” – Canan Güllü, President of the Federation of Girls’s Associations of Turkey
The sources we provide for many who have been affected by intimate picture abuse
We suggest victims of abuse to firstly contact native legislation enforcement if they’ve any considerations about their bodily security or the bodily security of their family members. We additionally advise individuals who have been abused by on-line sharing of their NCII to create proof by taking screenshots and printouts of images or threats earlier than taking steps to have the pictures deleted to allow them to take authorized motion. The therapeutic course of could also be totally different for everybody with such abuse, so speaking with household, associates or totally different people and getting further help and steering might be helpful for people.
We provide varied sources to help our customers throughout this course of via Meta Safety Heart.
To study extra, go to StopNCII.org.