Whether or not you’re dodging swings in The Thrill of the Battle or touchdown punches in FitXR, digital actuality is an effective way to work up a sweat — you usually neglect you’re even understanding. Immediately, we’re rolling out the flexibility to trace your Meta Quest health stats from VR to your telephone. When you’ve arrange the Transfer app — Meta Quest’s built-in health tracker that permits you to set objectives for what number of energy you’ve burned and what number of minutes you’ve spent understanding in VR – you may select to sync your Transfer stats with the Oculus Cellular App and Apple Well being. Beforehand, that info was solely out there in Transfer whereas in-headset.
Find out how to Sync Your Transfer Stats to Your Cellphone
When you haven’t but arrange the Transfer app in your Meta Quest or Meta Quest 2, you will discover it within the apps panel of your headset. Entry your apps by choosing them out of your menu bar. First, you’ll be taken by way of a brief onboarding movement to set your Transfer objectives.
When you’ve arrange the Transfer app, you may select to sync your Transfer stats to your telephone by following these directions:
- First, decide in to sync your information from VR to your Oculus Cellular App.
- From the Transfer app in VR, faucet on Settings within the backside proper nook.
- Scroll all the way down to Join Transfer to Oculus Cellular App and toggle the change on.
- Your Transfer stats, together with info like Transfer minutes, energy burned, and objectives, will likely be encrypted and saved on our servers so you may observe your health progress from the Oculus Cellular App.
- You may disconnect your Transfer stats from the Oculus Cellular App at any time by going to your Transfer settings whereas in-headset.
- Subsequent, after your VR exercise session, open up the Oculus Cellular App in your telephone.
- Click on the Transfer tile on the Discover tab
- You’ll see the Transfer dashboard, which is able to present your stats for the day. You may as well filter by app or see your month-to-month calendar view.
Find out how to Sync with Apple Well being
For iOS customers, you’ll even have the choice to sync your stats with Apple Well being so that every one your actions, each out and in of VR, can be found in a single place. Syncing with Apple Well being will mechanically observe your VR exercises in your iPhone or Apple Watch with out having to manually enter details about your train.
We’re progressively rolling out these new options, so in case you don’t see them in the present day, don’t fear — they’re on their approach.
- To attach your Transfer stats with Apple Well being:
- Join Transfer with the Oculus Cellular App utilizing the directions above.
- Faucet on the Related Apps tab on the high.
- Faucet on the toggle subsequent to Apple Well being to allow syncing. If prompted, present permissions for each Energetic Power and Exercises.
Once you hook up with Apple Well being, details about your Meta Quest exercises, together with apps used, approximate energy burned, and the headset you’re utilizing, will likely be shared with Apple Well being. It will will let you observe your Transfer exercise with Apple Well being. You may change your Apple Well being permissions by going to your iPhone Settings > Well being > Information Entry & Gadgets > Oculus. You may all the time disconnect from Apple Well being within the Oculus Cellular App. It will cease new Transfer exercise from updating in Apple Well being—nonetheless, your earlier Transfer exercise will nonetheless seem.
And in case you personal an Apple Watch, you will discover your Transfer stats on the Health cell and Watch app, listed beneath Health Gaming.
For extra info, go to the Transfer Assist web page.
Able to work up a sweat in VR? Meta Quest has you coated with loads of choices, regardless of your temper or health degree.