Constructing group is core to Fb’s mission in bringing the world nearer collectively, and whereas group has made its method into each nook of the app, Teams proceed to be the central place the place individuals go to do extra collectively.
In actual fact, most individuals on Fb are members of no less than 15 lively teams, and there are greater than 100 million group joins every single day.
At present, we’re internet hosting the Fb Communities Summit for the sixth 12 months, asserting various adjustments to assist individuals interact extra deeply across the issues they care about, strengthen group tradition, and make it simpler for admins to handle their teams.
New Methods to Interact Extra Deeply With Your Communities
As individuals come to Fb to find content material and communities, we’re including extra methods to attach over shared pursuits.
- Reels in Teams allow you to specific your voice in your communities by way of inventive and immersive movies. With Reels now in Teams, group members can share data, inform tales and join on a deeper stage. Think about individuals in a makeup-obsessed group sharing their newest strategies and wonder finds with fellow members. Group admins and members can even add inventive components reminiscent of audio, textual content overlay and filters on prime of their movies earlier than sharing to deliver their tales to life.
- The power to share a public Fb occasion on your group to your Instagram story. Whether or not you’re a gaggle admin internet hosting a meet-up to rejoice a group milestone, or a gaggle member sharing your ardour with associates, this characteristic can assist you showcase your group extra broadly.
- We’re testing updates to your Group profile to make it simpler to foster group relationships and join with different members. With these new updates you may:
- Customise the data in your About Me part to spotlight data you need to share together with your group. This can assist each admins and members be taught extra about each other and create content material that greatest displays the group’s pursuits.
- Add an indicator to your profile should you’re open to messaging. This can assist different like-minded members know that you just’re prepared to attach over shared pursuits.
Earlier this 12 months, we introduced that admins can start to create channels as a solution to join with their teams in smaller, extra informal settings. For instance, Neighborhood Chats, which lets individuals join in actual time across the matters they care about through textual content, audio and video, is now out there in additional than 140 international locations globally. Black Ladies Culinary, a Fb group the place individuals share their newest recipes, makes use of Neighborhood Chats to create chat channels for a subject like Meatless Mondays and audio channels to speak by way of cooking ideas in actual time. They will additionally seamlessly add an occasion chat to Group occasions, permitting individuals to debate occasions earlier than, throughout, and after they happen. We’re additionally testing the power for group admins and moderators to create view-only chats to ship one-way communications to all of their members with out having to actively preserve or reply to messages within the chat, to allow them to keep up-to-date on necessary group data. Admins and moderators can even use an admin-only chat for in-the-moment collaboration.
Admin-Curated Experiences to Construct Tradition
Admins have new instruments to assist them successfully handle and drive their group’s tradition ahead in participating, helpful and accountable methods:
- Neighborhood Contributions: We’re testing a brand new method for admins to spotlight prime contributing members, who can earn factors by taking up an lively position with a set of obligations in the neighborhood or for receiving reactions and feedback on posts. For instance, gaming communities can establish useful ideas that different members share about new options, video games and characters. By accruing factors, prime contributing members will earn badges to characteristic on their group profiles, making it simpler for admins to pick members for roles.
- Socializer: We’re testing a brand new position for admins to acknowledge lively members who assist others really feel welcomed, linked and motivated to contribute in a group. As an illustration, Socializers in music pageant communities will be acknowledged for sharing their pageant experiences and motivating others to do the identical by sharing images and movies.
- Admin Help: We’re sharing new updates on this characteristic, which helps admins effectively reasonable their teams by mechanically taking motion primarily based on particular standards they set:
- New therapies for false data: To assist guarantee content material is extra dependable for the broader group, group admins can mechanically transfer posts containing data rated as false by third-party fact-checkers (whether or not the posts are recognized as containing false data earlier than or after being posted of their group) to pending posts in order that the admins can assessment the posts earlier than deleting them. Study extra about our third-party fact-checking program right here.
- Each day Digest: Group admins can simply assessment how Admin Help helps them handle their group with a brand new each day abstract of actions taken in a group primarily based on the factors admins have set.
- Flagged by Fb: As we shared in our current Neighborhood Requirements Enforcement Report, we’re testing an extension inside Flagged by Fb that offers some admins of eligible teams the power to make use of further context and permit some content material that may in any other case be flagged for elimination as bullying and harassment. We use quite a lot of standards to outline a gaggle’s eligibility for this characteristic, together with that the group admin should not have been the admin of a gaggle we’ve beforehand eliminated. Via this check, an admin for a gaggle of fish tank fans may permit a flagged remark that known as a fish “fatty,” which was not meant to be offensive. We nonetheless require teams to comply with our insurance policies and can take away violating content material that’s reported to us.
Neighborhood Accelerator Program
The 2022 Neighborhood Accelerator Program gives group leaders with 4 months of coaching, mentorship and funding to assist them deepen their group’s influence by way of Meta applied sciences. At present, we’re asserting this 12 months’s chosen contributors from across the globe.