At the moment we’re saying the introduction of a few of the options that you simply love in Messenger to end-to-end encrypted chats, together with:
- Chat themes: We’ve added chat themes to assist personalize and improve your conversations in end-to-end encrypted chats. Bored with a plain background? Can’t wait to indicate your Swiftie credentials with the Midnights theme? Now you may set themes, together with static coloration and gradient themes, for end-to-end encrypted chats.
- Customized chat emojis and reactions: Wish to personalize your response? You may see the total menu of emoji reactions and customise the fast response tray in end-to-end encrypted chats.
- Group profile images: Select group profile images for various chats with buddies or work colleagues.
- Hyperlink previews: We’ve rebuilt hyperlink previews for end-to-end encrypted chats so as to see the place a hyperlink is taking you, earlier than clicking on it.
- Lively Standing: Let individuals see if you’re lively, in order that they know when it’s time to name. You may as well select to show this characteristic off, if you wish to enhance your privateness.
- Bubbles on Android: Bubbles (a circle along with your buddy’s image) allow you to learn and reply to messages when you’re utilizing different apps. As soon as enabled, a bubble will seem if you get a brand new message.
We’ve additionally began progressively increasing testing default end-to-end encryption for Messenger. We all know individuals need a house to attach they usually need to know that these conversations are personal, protected and safe. That’s the reason we’ve frolicked constructing a workforce of proficient engineers, cryptologists, designers and coverage specialists who’re all dedicated to rolling out default end-to-end encryption on Messenger.
Over the subsequent few months, extra individuals will proceed to see a few of their chats progressively being upgraded with an additional layer of safety offered by end-to-end encryption. We are going to notify individuals in these particular person chat threads as they’re upgraded. We all know individuals may have questions on how we choose and improve particular person threads, so we needed to clarify that it is a random course of. It’s designed to be random in order that there isn’t a damaging impression on our infrastructure and folks’s chat expertise. This additionally ensures our new end-to-end encrypted threads proceed to provide individuals the quick, dependable and wealthy expertise on Messenger.
Constructing a safe and resilient end-to-end encrypted service for the billions of messages which might be despatched on Messenger daily requires cautious testing. We’ll present updates as we proceed to make progress in the direction of this purpose over the course of 2023.